Welcome to Mepeeps (“Mepeeps” or the “App”, or “the Platform”, or the “Application” or the “Software”,), provided by Mepeeps Inc. (“Mepeeps”, “we” or “us”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Your privacy is our priority, our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence as we build a secure and private social with no Spyware, no tracking and no news manipulation.
This policy is not applicable to any information collected offline or via channels other than this website.
You mean the individual accessing or using The Service, or the Data subject, or the user or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using The Service, as applicable.
CCPA means The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) – a state statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
GDPR means The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA), became enforceable beginning May 25, 2018.
Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” or “Data Controller” in this Agreement) refers to Mepeeps, Inc., 2810 Edgebrook Cir Matthew, NC 28105, United States.
App means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Mepeeps.
Account means a unique account created for You to access The Service or parts of The Service.
Website refers to Mepeeps.com, accessible from https://mepeeps.com
Service refers to the Application or the Website or both.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identiﬁed or identiﬁable individual.
For the purposes of GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identiﬁcation number, location data, online identiﬁer or to one or more factors speciﬁc to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identiﬁes, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
Cookies are small ﬁles that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
Device means any device that can access The Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated using The Service or from The Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Data Controller refers to the Company as the legal person, which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by U.S. regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
When using The Service, you can be asked to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to identify You or for your other activities on our App/Software/Platform/Application. We also have access to your personal information or data when you create an account and use the App.
We also have access to information contained in the messages you send through our Platform and information from your phone book, if you grant us access to your phone book on your mobile device. More information about the categories and sources of information is provided below.
Personal Data You choose to provide us
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identiﬁable information that can be used to contact or identify You. For certain activities, such as when You register, upload content to the Platform, or contact us directly, You may provide some or all of the following information:
- Registration information, such as age, username and password, language, and email and/or phone number
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image
- User-generated content, including comments, photographs, videos, and virtual item videos that you choose to upload or broadcast on the Platform (“User Content”)
- Your opt-in choices and communication preferences
- Information to verify an account
- Information in correspondence you send to us
Usage Data – Information we collect automatically
Usage Data is collected automatically when using The Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of The Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identiﬁers, and other diagnostic data.
When You access The Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identiﬁers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit The Service or when You access The Service by or through a mobile device.
The detail is described here below:
We collect information regarding your use of the App/Software/Platform/Application and any other User Content that You generate through and broadcast on our App/Software/Platform/Application. We also link Your subscriber information with Your activity on our App/Software/Platform/Application across all Your devices using your email or similar information.
We collect information about the device You use to access the App/Software/Platform/Application, including Your IP address, unique device identifiers, model of Your device, Your mobile carrier, time zone setting, screen resolution, operating system, app and file names and types, keystroke patterns or rhythms, and platform.
We collect information about Your location, including location information based on Your SIM card and/or IP address. With Your permission, we may also collect Global Positioning System (GPS) data.
We collect and process, which includes scanning and analyzing, information You provide in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages through the App/Software/Platform/Application’s messaging functionality. That information includes the content of the message and information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read, as well as the participants of the communication. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of the App/Software/Platform/Application will be accessible by those users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or disclose messages.
When You upload User Content, you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. Metadata describes other data and provides information about Your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with Your User Content the metadata can describe how, when, and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It also includes information, such as Your account name, that enables other users to trace back the User Content to Your user account. Additionally, metadata will consist of data that You chose to provide with Your User Content, for example any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video and captions.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our App, in order to provide features of Our App, We may collect, with your prior permission:
Pictures and other information from Your Device’s camera and photo library
We use this information to provide features of The Service, to improve and customize The Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers or simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
Information we obtain from other sources
Others Users of the Platform. Sometimes other users of the App/Software/Platform/Application may provide Us information about You, including through customer service inquiries.
Other Sources. We may collect information about You from other publicly available sources.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of The Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy/Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the website.
How We use Your Personal Data
We use your information to fulfill and enforce our Terms of Service, to improve and administer the App/Software/Platform/Application, and to allow you to use its functionalities. We may also use Your information to, among other things, show You suggestions, promote the Platform, and customize Your ad experience.
The details are described here below:
- to fulfill requests for products, services, Platform functionality, support, and information for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes and to solicit your feedback
- to customize the content, You see when You use the App/Software/Platform/Application. For example, We may provide you with services based on the country settings You have chosen or show You content that is similar to content that You liked or interacted with
- to improve and develop our App/Software/Platform/Application and conduct product development
- to make suggestions and provide a customized ad experience
- to support the social functions of the App/Software/Platform/Application, including to permit You and other users to connect with each other through the Platform and for You and other users to share, download, and otherwise interact with User Content posted through the App/Software/Platform/Application
- to understand how You use the App/Software/Platform/Application, including across Your devices
- to infer additional information about You, such as Your age, gender, and interests
- to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the App/Software/Platform/Application
- to ensure that You are old enough to use the App/Software/Platform/Application (as required by law)
- to communicate with You, including to notify You about changes in our services
- to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies
- to inform our algorithms
- to combine all the information, we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How we share your information?
Mepeeps does not share, rent or sell any Personally Identifiable Information with any third party.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
– For Legal Reasons:
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation, including to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries
- Protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security or property of the Company, our affiliates, users, or the public
-Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
– With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, proﬁle, pictures, and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your proﬁle.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to—and maintained on—computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may diﬀer than those from Your jurisdiction.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If You have registered for an account, You may access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there.
You may submit a request to access or delete the information We have collected about you by sending your request to us at the email or physical address provided in the Contact section at the bottom of this policy.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification.
- You may be able to refuse or disable Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable certain types of Cookies. For example, due to differences in how browsers and mobile apps function, you may need to take different steps to disable Cookies used for targeted advertising in a browser and to disable targeted advertising for a mobile application, which you may control through your device settings or mobile app permissions.
- In addition, your choice to disable cookies is specific to the browser or device that you are using when you disable cookies, so you may need to separately disable cookies for each type of browser or device. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete Cookies, some of the functionality of the Service may no longer be available to you. Without this information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services, and any differences in services are related to your information.
- You can switch off GPS location information functionality on your mobile device if you do not wish to share GPS information.
- If you have registered for an account you may access, review, and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your account and using available features and functionalities.
- Some browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Some specific rights geographically granted
Your Rights under the GDPR if you are within the EU
The Company undertakes to respect the conﬁdentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You.
You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
– Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
– Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
–Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
–Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain speciﬁc functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectiﬁcation, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Your Rights under the CCPA if you are a resident of California
–The right to notice. You must be properly notiﬁed which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
–The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
– The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
–The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
+The categories of Personal Data collected
+The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
+The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
+ Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
+ The speciﬁc pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
–The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months. –The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
+Denying goods or services to You
+ Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other beneﬁts or imposing penalties
+ Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
+ Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email us.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your veriﬁable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as deﬁned under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is speciﬁc to the browser You use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
The opt out will place a cookie on Your computer that is unique to the browser You use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third-party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set Your preferences in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to [email protected]
Your California Privacy Rights (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allows California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identiﬁable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without veriﬁcation of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
We also may limit how We collect, use, and store some of the information of Users between 13 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means We will be unable to provide certain functionality of the Service to these users.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites/Third Pary Sites
Other Specific applicable laws
By email: [email protected]
Last updated: March 1, 2022